- Myth #1: Standard home insurance covers flood damage.
- Myth #2: The Medical Payment portion of my homeowners insurance will cover injuries to me and my family.
- Myth #3: If my home is ever lost, my insurance company will reimburse me for whatever I tell them I owned at the time of loss.
- Myth #4: If I file a home insurance claim, my home insurance premium will definitely go up.
- Myth # 5 All of my valuables- like jewelry -will be covered in the event of a burglary.
- Myth # 6: My home insurance covers mold and/or other issues related to lack of maintenance.
- Myth #7: Flood Insurance is only for people who live in a flood zone.
- Myth #8: I will have to skimp on my coverage in order to save money on my home Insurance.
- Myth #9: When determining my coverage, I should use the purchase price for my house as my dwelling coverage amount.
- Myth #10: You cannot buy a home without purchasing homeowners insurance.
Auto Insurance Myths
- MYTH 1: People who drive red cars pay more for auto insurance.
- MYTH 2: Insurance costs rise as you get older
- MYTH 3: Your credit score has no effect on your insurance rate.
- MYTH 4: Your insurance covers your vehicle if it is stolen, vandalized or damaged by hail, flood or fire.
- MYTH 5: The minimum amount of auto-liability insurance required by law is all that you need.
- MYTH 6: If your friend borrows your vehicle, his or her auto insurance covers them if they get in an accident.If your friend borrows your vehicle, his or her auto insurance covers them if they get into an accident.
- MYTH 7: Soldiers Pay more for Insurance than Civilians
- MYTH8: Both Personal and Business use of your vehicle is covered by your Personal Auto Insurance Policy.